Care & Maintenance
The best way to prevent a stain is to clean a spill as soon as possible avoiding the spill to dry and stain.
- For general cleaning needs on your Hydrodeck use Formula 409®, and
warm water along with a soft to medium bristled brush. Mix 1:1 ration of 409 to warm water.
Put the cleaner in warm water. Dip soft/medium bristled boat brush in warm water and
work around until oil is out. Rinse with warm water and repeat if necessary.
- Removing oils, start with option 1, if further cleaning is needed us a use the all purpose cleaner. Mix a ration of 5:1 warm water to all purpose cleaner. Put small amount of the all purpose cleaner on oil. Dip soft/medium bristled boat brush in warm water and work in an orbital fashion and then rinse with warm water and repeat if necessary.
- Removing fish blood, use warm water and a mild cleaner such as Formula 409®, if more action is needed use 10:1 water to bleach mixture using a soft to medium brush scrub in an orbital fasion then rinse with water. Repeat if necessary.
*DO NOT USE
- Pressure washer
- Stiff brissel brush
- Scrub so hard that you wear into the Hydrodecks surface
- Solvents or petrolium products
- Mineral Spirits
Once the Hydrodeck has been installed, it is best to store out of the direct sunlight (full boat cover, covered slip, garage, etc. It is also important that the product is not stored near any highly reflective areas that could result in premature aging of the product. Keeping Hydrodeck out of the elements will increase the life of the product. It is never recommended to keep in direct sunlight.